Centennial Notes from
The 150th Anniversary
of the Organization of
St. John's Reformed Church
Saint Johnsville, NY November 7-11, 1920

Thanks to Betty Hoagey, Who Sent this Booklet for Use on the Web Site.


Various Names by Which the Church has Been Known.

Indian Mission

Reformed Calvanistic Church

German Reformed Church

Dutch Reformed St. John's Church in the Town of Oppenheim

St. John's Reformed Church of St. Johnsville, New York


EARLY HISTORY OF THE CHURCH

Licensed to build a church in the Mohawk Country:

Petition granted by his Majesty's Council, September 13, 1722

Indian Mission and tract of land deeded by the Indians 1732

First church built 1756

Organized 1770

Rebuilt in 1804

Remodled in 1848

Present structure erected in 1881.


First Missionaries

Petrus Van Driessen

Godfredus Dellius

Johannes Lydius

Johannes Ehl

John Casper Lappius

Abram Rosenkrantz

Return to Opening Page for St. John's
Table of Contents for St. John's
Search Engine for Three Rivers web sites
Opening Page for Three Rivers~Hudson~Mohawk~Schoharie web site

Copyright 1998, -- 2003. Berry Enterprises. All rights reserved. All items on the site are copyrighted. While we welcome you to use the information provided on this web site by copying it, or downloading it; this information is copyrighted and not to be reproduced for distribution, sale, or profit.